2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR, our Data Protection Officer is Anna Fisher, who is responsible for data protection handling. Any enquiries regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to nordicmodelnow [at] gmail.com.
3. The Data Protection Act states that anyone who processes personal information must comply with eight principles:
i. Fairly and lawfully processed
ii. Processed for limited purposes
iii. Adequate, relevant and not excessive
iv. Accurate and up to date
v. Not kept for longer than is necessary
vi. Processed in line with individuals' rights
vii. Be protected in appropriate ways
viii. Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection
Staff who process personal information must comply with the principles of the Act.
Information We Collect
4. We will collect personal data on or via our website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, address, and country, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. You will only provide such details if you wish to submit the web form designed to send your message to the Government.
5. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
Use of Your Information
6. The information that we collect and store relating to you is regarding the aforementioned web form, in order to (a) send you a confirmation email thereby allowing you to verify that you are the owner of the email account specified when you submitted the form, and (b) to send your message to the Government. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
6.1 To notify you about any changes to our services.
6.2 To send you reminder emails, in case your confirmation email has not been processed; you can unsubscribe from any mailings and have your data deleted by emailing your request to nordicmodelnow [at] gmail.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
7. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection.
Controlling the Use of Your Data
8. If you do not want us to use your data, you can contact us at nordicmodelnow [at] gmail.com and ask us to delete it.
9. We follow the above and will keep a record where we store and transfer your data.
10. As part of the services offered to you through our website, the information you provide to us will be archived offline outside the EU in an encrypted format, and deleted from our live web site within 60 days after the submission period has ended.
11. We will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements such as legal process served on us or the website.
12. Your personal data will never be used for marketing purposes, and there is no need to request such an opt out.
13. Access to the aforementioned web form is encrypted during transmission, and data is encrypted when stored at rest. Note, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Links
14. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
16. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can email nordicmodelnow [at] gmail.com. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
17. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing us at nordicmodelnow [at] gmail.com.
Changes to this Policy
18. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and user feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
19. This website exists for the sole purpose of enabling users to submit the web form designed to send a message to the Government, and by sending your message with the form we are directly granted consent to send your message, as described in the text message that accompanies the form itself. When the form is submitted, the date and time that your consent was granted are recorded, and that consent applies to the Nordic Model Now! associates designated to manage this web site and project. Note the web form will not submit unless the required fields are filled in, and an email will immediately be sent to the email address specified on the form when it is submitted in order to confirm and validate the email address.
If you would like to have your data deleted, please email nordicmodelnow [at] gmail.com.